For those of you who watched last night, though nothing truly profound was revealed, I did find Lost: The Answers to be decent viewing. I know a lot of this is rehash, but this was amongst the items our buddies Damon and Carlton discussed:
- How the electro magnetic pulse was the definitive cause of the 815 crash, via frying the instrument panel
- How the black smoke is able to process memories that the characters on the show have; this got me thinking that perhaps the black smoke is as much an investigative tool as it is an Island guard dog. Perhaps it is collecting this information and providing it back to Ben in some manner that is allowing him to manipulate the Losties. Kind of a stretch, but probably worth thinking about…
- How the electro magnetic event from the end of Season 2 caused the Island to become visible for a short time, thus alerting Penny’s crew and ultimately Penny herself
- Jack vs. Locke was touched on multiple times, particularly their conflicting interests in getting everyone off the Island vs. keeping everyone there
- Again, this is not purgatory, the Losties are alive and breathing somewhere in the space-time continuum
Overall, the show was a good summation of Season 3 and definitely worth watching.