One of our readers, Macgyver, sent in his theory on dying. This is his unedited theory below:
1. If your future self dies in the past your consciousness is sent to your futuret version. Meaning Charlotte’s mind went back to the kid version in the 70’s just as Desmonds would have been merged with his younger self had not Farraday saved him(the Constant). Of course, if you happen to die and the your consciousness reboots itself into your younger version, you remember nothing. (i.e Charlotte’s and Miles’ total lapse of memory, Farraday weeping for 815 with no recollection, the the note Eloise left Farraday..” I love you no matter what you remeber”).
“You do remember birthdays, Richard?”
WIDMORE: Because come tomorrow, you won’t remember I did. Daniel, the real Oceanic Flight 815 crashed on an island–a special island with unique scientific properties. I want to send you to the Island. It will further your research, show you things you’d never dream of. But more importantly, it will heal you, Daniel–your mind, your memory.
2. The Valenzetti Equation predicts the end of the world and true Dharma mission is to change one of the six core values. In the Sri Lanka Video, Alvar Hanso mentions six specific ways that would lead to the end of Humanity, mentioned in order just before he mentions the Numbers in order. 4 corresponds with ‘nuclear fire’, 8 with ‘chemical warfare’, 15 with ‘biological warfare’, 16 with ‘conventional warfare’, 23 with ‘pandemic’, 42 with ‘over-population’. Each of the six dharma stations has a corresponding number/factor to be researched with the hopes of changing. When this is accomplished they are supposed change the numbers broadcasting from the radio tower.
3. FARADAY: “In about four hours, the DHARMA folks at the swan work site–they’re gonna drill into the ground and accidentally tap into a massive pocket of energy. The result of the release of this energy would be catastrophic. So in order to contain it, they’re gonna have to cement the entire area in, like Chernobyl. And this containment–the place they built over it–I believe you called it “the Hatch.” The Swan hatch? Because of this one accident, these people are gonna spend the next 20 years keeping that energy at bay… by pressing a button… a button that your friend Desmond will one day fail to push……”-
The consequence of keeping this energy at bay is a 108 minute time loop. Think of the energy getting exponentially stronger as if the Donkey Wheel was slowly turning on it’s own. Since we can’t allow that….we simply turn the wheel back every 108 minutes. This creates a time loop effect that might have been unintentional, but surely started the whole “We can’t have babies” drama. It is also the reason for the continuing Dharma food drops, as well as the veil keeping any one from finding the islands location. Why do you think the freighter never came until after the swan imploded.
3. Everyone from the future who dies incident has their consciousness sent to there future self with no memory. SO flight 815 is pure coarse correction for all those that died in the incident.(this of course explains how everyone is mysteriously connected before the crash and why the numbers are everywhere)
4. Daniel is the cause of the incident. Jughead vs. island= bad idea. But……Daniel didn’t know that he/815 survivors cause the incident because he died and was sent to his future self with no memory. How his parents didn’t anticipate this while manipulating everyone from distance is unclear(Yet we all know the lengths Ben will take to keep some one out of the loop) Daniel reacts poorly when he discovers the losties in the wrong time. Daniel is again wrong and it WAS their(815ers) destiny to go back. Only so they can AGAIN all die just to go back again on flight 815. The only way to stop the incident/endgame is to keep their stubborn faithless selves on the island like they where supposed to in the first place . Dan did say that they ARE the variables BECAUSE of free will.
5. They should have listened to John
6. IMO, Lost will end with jack waking up the same way he did in the pilot……alone and in the jungle. They will show us Desmond again pressing the button with penny and Charlie there(killing off either of these two is just a gross miscarriage of justice). We will see the 815ers finally bow before their destiny once denied, and accept the hand fate has given them. They20will Choose to stay on the island to save the world. John will FINALLY convince Jack to just ‘believe’…. even when he has no memory of the reasons why. Who knew one tiny suicide note could capture the whole show.
“I wish you had believed”